Carolina Auto Service provides the highest quality of auto repair services for cars and trucks in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. As our customer, you will always receive the same level of service we provide for our families and friends. We provide a wide array of auto repair and maintenance including:
- NC state inspections
- Hybrid service
- Brake service
- Engine repair
- Check engine light diagnostic
- Oil change
- Timing belts
- Radiator repair
- Drive-train repair
- Transmission repair
- Water pump replacement
The skilled auto repair technicians of Carolina Auto service a wide range of vehicle makes and models. These include Jeep, Buick, GMC, Honda, Subaru and Toyota. We are also the Winston-Salem experts for hybrid repair and maintenance.
As you know, the best way to get the most value out of your car, truck or SUV is to keep it well-maintained. Carolina Auto Service provides the routine and seasonal maintenance you need to ensure your vehicle operates as it should. But when you do experience a break-down, the check engine light turns on or your vehicle fails to start, you can trust the certified auto technicians of Carolina Auto Service. We will quickly find the problem with your vehicle and recommend the specific auto repairs you need to get back on the road in no time.
Signs You May Need Auto Repair Service
It can be difficult to know whether you need auto repair service. But you can actually use your senses to detect slight changes that signal operational, environmental or mechanical problems. You should never wait until your vehicle stops running to bring it into Carolina Auto for diagnostic service after sensing a problem. Follow your intuition or other signs that you detect and schedule service to keep auto repair expenses under control.
Using your senses around your vehicle to find problems means paying attention to visual cues, strange odors, unusual sounds, how the car feels and its behavior. Below are some of those sensory cues and what they may mean, in terms of necessary auto repairs.
Fluid leaks are some of the easiest signs to detect when your vehicle needs auto repair service. A quick glance under your car, such as on the parking surface, can provide a lot of information for your auto repair technician.
- Neon orange, yellow-green or blue colored fluids can point to engine overheating problems or an antifreeze leak
- Black, oily brown or other dark leaks usually indicate engine oil issues, such as with gaskets or seals
- Red fluid relates to the power steering or transmission
- Clear, watery fluid is normal condensation caused by the cooling system, usually in summer heat
If there is a strange odor coming from your vehicle’s engine or its undercarriage, this is a sign that you need to bring your car into Carolina Auto Service. Smells you may detect include:
- Sugary smell indicating a possible coolant leak
- Acrid odor relating to burning oil
- Chemical smell indicating brake or clutch problems
- Burning toast odor of an electrical short or burning insultation
- Gasoline smell of a fuel system leak
Unusual sounds indicating you need auto repair service include:
- Squealing relating to the power steering, fan belt or air conditioning
- Pinging because of fuel quality or engine ignition timing
- Knocking occurring from the transmission, rod bearings, crankshaft or torque converter
- Thumping or clunking caused by problems with the exhaust pipe, muffler or suspension
- Clicking relating to the fan blade, engine lubrication or valve lifters
- Rumbling because of issues with the exhaust system, drive-line or universal joint
- Squealing, grinding or screeching of the brakes
How Your Car Handles
As your vehicle’s driver, you are aware of how it should feel when on the road, braking, idling, turning or hitting certain speeds. If something does not feel right, this is cause enough to bring your vehicle into Carolina Auto Service. Our skilled auto repair technicians can easily diagnose the problems you sense and develop a service plan.
Some signs of problems you may feel when driving your vehicle include:
- Rough ride
- Pulling to one side or the other
- Steering issues
- Difficult cornering
The environment can affect how your vehicle performs, even making it shudder, sputter or stall. Such is the case in cold temperatures, for example. But if you notice other behavioral changes in your vehicle, these signs can indicate a problem with the engine or transmission.
Some signs that your vehicle needs auto repair because of engine issues include:
- Problems starting your vehicle
- Check engine light is on
- Engine stalling
- Poor fuel economy
- Shuddering during acceleration
- Rough idling
- Excessive oil use
Transmission problems also affect vehicle behavior and performance. Signs of these issues include:
- Shifting problems when accelerating
- Gear-to-gear shifting difficulty
- Slipping gears
- Clutch pedal changes
- Other shifting changes
Expert Auto Repair in Winston-Salem, NC
Carolina Auto Service is known throughout the Winston-Salem area for our expert mechanics and focus on customer satisfaction. We work hard to provide the best possible service because we want each customer to feel like they are part of our extended family. This care and concern extends beyond auto repair and maintenance to our warranties and roadside assistance program.
If you notice the signs of problems with your car, truck or SUV, call Carolina Auto Service today at 336-765-8599 to schedule diagnostic service and auto repair.